"Unique" Visitors:

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sick

I got sick last weekend from something RyanC caught at daycare. My symptoms are running nose and sore throat. Poor little RyanC has been having problem sleeping so it's extra tiring for me -- especially since my arms and back are still sore from the yardwork.

I've turned into a browser-reload maniac in the past few days. It all started when I found out about the surprise shipment of my dSLR (Canon Rebel XT) last Friday, which is 3 weeks earlier than Dell had estimated. I was so excited that I've been clicking reload on the DHL status page every hour -- even though DHL says expected delivery is May 17th... There is something about being able to track a package constantly that makes it irresistable...

On May 12th (Friday), package went through sort at Atlanta, GA
On May 13th (Saturday), package went through sort at Columbia, MO

I then googled the driving distance between Atlanta, GA and Loveland, CO to see how it compares with Atlanta, GA to Columbia, MO. ~12 hours so that meant the package could arrive on Tuesday - one day earlier than "projected". I clicked on reload furiously on Monday but there was no update. I then repeated these inquiries on late Tuesday (or rather, early Wed AM) and still did not see an update. Darn DHL should have provided information on when the package LEFT their facility!

At this time I was depressed so I started googling for DHL missing packages. Some of the negative postings freaked me out and I started thinking maybe I should have ordered from another place that uses FedEx. I went to bed thinking that I may never get my dSLR. It doesn't really make sense how I was preparing to wait for 6+ weeks to save 3 buckets of KFCs and yet I got extra nervous with the package not getting to me ASAP. It might be because I had already borrowed some lens to get ready to test my new camera body! (My Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens is still not yet shipped according to Dell)

Woke up early Wed morning and checked DHL tracking site and there was still no update! I then went to work and clicked reload every few minutes -- hoping that my eagerness can speed up the delivery. It worked - or so I would like to think! At 9:30am I found out that my package reached Loveland and is out for delivery! This is when I started hitting reload more frequently... I would have stayed home if I didn't have all these meetings scheduled where I was a required attendee -- not because I say much but because they want someone to do work...

At 11:15am the package was delivered according to the tracking indicator so I rushed home to pick up the camrea. I didn't want to take a chance with losing the package as it sits in the front door. Normally I wouldn't worry this much but I really got tired from clicking reload - and my wife is still on that never ending jury-duty stuff! Luckily, my precious dSLR was patiently waiting for me when I got home. Yippie! Oh wait, except now I keep on checking on the order status of my lens to see whether Dell has shipped it yet...

It didn't take me long to snap 100+ pictures after getting home from work earlier than usual. RyanC was having running nose and was also drooling all over himself as he ate the California Kitchen Pizza (white cheese, thin crust), which is our favorite easy-to-make food lately. I took pics of RyanC until he cried from wanting to grab my new camera. He should have been thankful that I didn't use flash to make him look totally dazed.

Anyways, here are some non-flash pictures that didn't go completely out of focus when using Canon 50mm 1.4 lens, which should be similar to the lens I purchased. I still have a lot to learn about photography -- just like everything else.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home