"Unique" Visitors:

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Juggling

The older I get, the slower I have become. I can't run as fast and I can't remember where I park. I miss tennis balls as they bounce pass me. Some would say that I was too slow to begin with so the additional slowness isn't too obvious - but I surprised myself today.

RyanC was happily munching on shrimp crackers tonight after he had devoured a lot of BBQ chicken... Yes, shrimp crackers is part of his "healthy" diet. The shrimp crackers were placed on top of a big ceramic plate on top of the high chair while our little trouble maker was standing on the edge of high-chair. RyanC has been standing while eating most of the time recently. We used to worry about him tipping over and hit the hard kitchen floor but gradually we let our guard down as he seems to have mastered good balance.

Well, he showed his balance when he decided to perform acrobatics both his leg and head.

It happened without warning. RyanC somehow picked up one of his leg and kicked the plate toward the edge of the high chair so I instinctively reached to grab the plate with my right hand. Then, almost simultaneously, he tipped over the edge of the chair and aimed for the hard kitchen floor with his head. I thought "uh oh" and tried to catch him with my left arm and managed to clamp his big tummy with my elbow before his head hammered the floor. It was a kodak moment with one hand grabbing onto the big plate and one elbow clamping onto the upside-down boy.

I felt like I was part of a circus act. This was too much excitement for my weak heart so I banned the boy from the high-chair for the rest of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home