"Unique" Visitors:

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Uh Oh!

At 9AM, RyanC stormed into our bedroom whining about something when i was sleeping. I was too exhausted so I had to slowly recall what happened last night...

I had brought the boy to our bed after he woke up and cried for a long time, which is defined by my tolerance of his crying and how tired I was. He then hugged mommy and daddy a lot before falling asleep - so cute! An hour or two later, he proceeded to bug the crap out of us with his 360 kicks and constant flip-flopping. I then took him downstairs at 3AM to see what he wanted. Of course he wanted some grapes since he violently shook head at everything else and pointed to his mouth as soon as he saw grapes.

I don't know if it's because we don't feed him enough for dinner or what. Some nights he just wakes up and not want to go back to sleep until he's fed. Well, this time I also fed him a little oatmeal with apple sauce. Soon after that I took him back to his own bedroom so he won't bother mommy and daddy. Poor little guy cried for a few mintues (this is usually when my mom calls me "heartless") and then fell asleep.

When the little whining grew louder and louder, I opened my eyes to see him standing next to my bed wanting to grab something on the night stand.
Where is mommy? What do you want Ryan?
He pointed his little finger at my glasses sitting on the night stand and then grabbed it, which woke me up. He then started bending/folding the glass frames as if it's the most interesting toy in the whole world. I took the glasses from him and gave him the cordless phone, which caused some whining and fake crying.

So I pushed the intercom button to cause the base to ring the cordless phone. The beeping got his attention so he stopped crying and said "uh oh!" He then played with the buttons on the phone to turn on speaker and intercom for the next few minutes.

I was too tired to move much but the little devil wanted my glasses again! He also started pulling my finger to follow him, which is something he started doing recently to tell us he wants something.

So I followed him to the hallway to see my wife on the computer busy typing away - probably emailing I thought. She had said she has a headache when I inquired about why Ryan is in the master bedroom so I took the little trouble maker downstairs. He pointed to the tv where Rachel Ray was eating some food somewhere for $40 or less. I put him on the sofa and then he pulled me away to the little tykes car (still on loan from nice neighbor). Apparently he wants me to hold him so he can push the high-handle bar! I got lazy and placed him on another sofa and placed the car right in front of him.

So I watched him struggle to push the car via handle while standing on the sofa. That lasted a few minutes and then he tried to get me to hold him to push the car handle again. ARGH! I placed him in the car instead but he climbed out right away. So... I took him to the livingroom to play with his toys. Tried to read him a story about Baby Bop playing with other kids and then he took the Barney book away.

He then played with some puzzle cards and hugged Ralph the stuffed animal dog. I noticed that he started yawning so I picked him up -- but then he sensed i wanted to put him to bed so he fussed some more. I decided to put him back in the car to push him around. He didn't object this time. Whew!

So.. I made a few loops and bumped into the high-chair (was still tired) and RyanC said "uh oh". I figured the little one has calmed down enough so I picked him up again. This time he didn't object much and rested on my shoulder before I put him back to his bed for the morning nap.

I then sat down next to my wife , who was still busy typing and clicking away and asked what she was up to... That's when she happily told me to check out her "Cindy's Blah" blog and demanded that I link her.

UH OH...

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 1:39:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute! Ryan is really smart now! :)

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 4:32:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

Uh oh. You linked to you wife below your link to me. You'll be sleeping on the couch tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home