"Unique" Visitors:

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The End

of sabbatical... tomorrow I have to go to work and not pretend that I'm not checking email there...

Today is the last day of my 8-week sabbatical. I don't think much got accomplished during this time other than spending a lot of time with wife and RyanC. Unfortunately I failed at my attempt to get RyanC to call me daddy during this time -- was aiming to get him to call daddy before mommy. "uh oh" is still the only words he says properly in connection with his actions. He seems to recognize words like "grape", "mommy", "daddy", "tv", "car", or "book" and shakes his head violently whenever he hears "bed time".

Last week I did finally annoy my wife enough with my presence to cause her to tell me to go back to work so she wouldn't have to hear how I "nag" about what we need to do with RyanC... so I guess it's about time I head back anyways.

RyanC fell down stairs under my watch today. He hadn't fallen off the stairs for a while so that was a surprise. This time he tumbled twice (according to the thud-thud sounds since I wasn't really watching him closely like I should have) and was lying on the bottom of the stairs when I ran to him. He stopped crying as soon as I picked him up and was immediately consumed with eating the toast he held in his hand. Of course the sound woke up napping mommy and upset mommy greatly. I was lucky that RyanC didn't get hurt... WHEW! For the record, I thought he rounded the corner with the toast in hand to find a toy to bring back to family room -- usually he comes back with a "i'm so proud of myself" face and a toy in his hand. Gravity got him this time as he took a little climb.

Finally ordered dSLR lens and memory card today after much research. It will take 6+ weeks to get the lens according to Dell's web-site so maybe it'll get here before my retirement. However, I'm still waiting for better deal to get dSLR camera -- so I can save ~3 buckets of KFC chicken...

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 8:49:00 AM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just me and mom now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home