"Unique" Visitors:

Monday, April 24, 2006

Too Dry

RyanC had a nose-bleed last night. It was scary to see dried blood on his face as he cried and stumbled out of his room at midnight. Since the blood was already dry, we figured he probably had the nose bleed much earlier and didn't know to make a bigger fuss. We wiped his face clean and then took him back to our room so he can sleep with us for the night - it just didn't seem right to have him sleep in a bloody room. Little boy crawled to mommy and daddy to cuddle a few times and finally fell asleep.

It was 5am when sleep left RyanC and then abandoned me so we went downstairs to play our breakfast game. I tried to get him to drink milk or water but he wouldn't. I pointed to oatmeal and he nodded approvingly, which was a good sign since we have been trying to teach him to nod for yes and shake for no. We can't stand the non-flavored oatmeal so I always add some apple sauce. RyanC turned his head away and shook his head when I placed the bowl right in front of him. He then pointed to the peanut flavored puffs sitting on top of the counter. I was dreading that I had to finish the oatmeal myself as RyanC happily picked up the puffs. The next I know, he threw the puffs into the oatmeal bowl and started giggling. Uh Oh...

So, I scooped up some oatmeal and one puff to see if he'd eat it. He then devoured it like a hungry pig. It turns out that "apple sauce oatmeal with puffs" is the way to get him to eat half a bowl of oatmeal so I don't have to eat it. I then tried the same thing with whole milk and he ate that too. Looks like he'll eat anything with these puffs!

After the big breakfast, RyanC watched some little einstein show on disney channel where the kids were looking for a baton grabbed by an eagle that had mistook it to be a stick. He was surprisingly quiet so I held him and tried to doze off on the sofa. That didn't last long. He then wanted off the sofa and walked to the kitchen wanting to open the fridge - typical sign for wanting grapes. I gave him a bowl of mixed black and red grapes in the high chair and changed the channel to History channel where Sherman M4 tanks were shown to be ineffective against German tanks in World War II. It was pretty sad...

RyanC finished eating most of the grapes and wanted out of the high chair. Soon afterwards he crawled upstairs to look for mommy while I cleaned up the mess he left behind. I caught him as he wandered out of our bedroom, holding onto the stereo remote and pushing the buttons furiously. I had to take him downstairs again since that was only 7am and little boy's mommy was sleeping still. It seemed like ages before 8am arrived and I decided to get back to bed and took the little one with me. That's when mommy woke up and took little boy out of the room. I then napped for 4+ hours while RyanC supposedly napped for 3.5 hrs in his room.

It's cloudy and raining outside - perfect for naps. RyanC and mommy are smart to be napping again. I can use some more nap... *yawn*

Here is an old picture of the grilled chicken wings:



Uh oh... RyanC just woke up from his nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home