"Unique" Visitors:

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First Day Back

I forgot to talk about my first day back to work.

Everyone I ran into asked about my wonderful sabbatical experience and yet their interest dimished as I quickly explained that I didn't go anywhere exciting. I didn't go to Africa, Amsterdam, New Zealand or Europe like most people. I didn't drive out of state and, when we flew to CA, I didn't do much other than eat, sleep and babysit. I merely lived the simple life of a babysitter. NOTE: I am not sure that I did a lot of "parenting" since my attempt to teach RyanC to call daddy failed...

I guess no one lives vicariously through me so I didn't feel too bad.

As expected, someone already has work lined up for me so I was sent by my manager to another building to work on this "high priority" business. (NOTE: I am not sure it's that high priority but I was told to treat it with high priority) It was explained that 3 other experts looked at the problem and decided they don't know the answer so they weren't working on it. Someone is needed to resolve this -- and I was the chosen one despite my equal ignorance of the "answer". It took me some time to talk to three other people to realize that this "issue" looks different to each of them. Worst of all, it will take days to confirm any hypothesis on the possible causes. So there goes my original thinking of using one week of "catch-up" time to browse the web and continue my dSLR deal research or read blogs.

Hmmm... I shouldn't talk about boring work stuff that even my co-workers didn't care to work on. Anyways, I can't figure out if I was really rejuvenated with this sabbatical with the first day back. I did find myself not getting too upset about others not wanting to do work that needs to be done... it's almost as if I was indifferent.

It was a little disappointing that RyanC didn't run to me when I got home from work though -- he was having his late nap.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 8:18:00 AM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dada...I ran to you in my dream during my nap...

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 1:21:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

I think they key to having a rejuvinating sabbatical is not to tell your family that you are on sabbatical. Keep getting up and leaving each morning like you were going to work, and then go somewhere else.

I say this because the only people I know who actually had a restful, happy sabbatical are single people. The married with children people all are asbolutely dying to come back to work by the end.

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 9:14:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home