"Unique" Visitors:

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bloody Morning



Snapped a few more pictures of RyanC this morning in the cloudy day and this is one of the very few focused ones. In the good old P&S Digital camera days, I used to have trouble capturing "the moment" and blamed it all on the camera not being able to keep up with RyanC's active movement. dSLR was going to be the key -- as I often explained to my wife. The great thing about dSLR is that the moment can be captured with its faster operations. The harsh reality is that I now have difficulty attributing my problem to the equipment - it really might just be me! I have been taking a lot (~25-50%) out-of-focus pictures since my hand shakes at the last minute or I recomposed the frame after focusing.

I am only counting the pictures where the key subject is out-of-focus and not the ones where the background seems blurry (that's intentional with the aperature settings). Maybe I need one of those $1k+ lenses with IS (Image Stabilization) where it helps with hand-shake! The thing is... if I buy the really nice lens, then I might really prove that it's just me and not the equipment. I am not yet ready for such confirmation in my life.

My inquisitive readers may wonder, how come only show one picture from this morning? Well, the other focused ones show too clearly of RyanC's running nose and drooling and I am saving those for when he grows up and brings a date home or something...

RyanC is still sick from the daycare so he has been fussier than usual - in fact, even daycare people noticed he was fussier on Friday. Maybe they had been polite in not telling us until it's RyanC's last day at this temporary daycare arrangement. At last, wife is finally done with the 2 week jury-duty! This means she will be tired from taking care of fussy baby instead of sitting in court-room. It doesn't sound like they are going to get together to write a book about their case like Scott Peterson's jurors did -- that may change if some national media starts getting interested in case involving someone suing a company for their car causing car-accident.

RyanC woke me up this morning at 2am and then 5:30am. At 2am, he apparently only wanted some water before he fell back to sleep in my arms -- he even refused grapes. But there was a bigger surprise at 5:30am. I found RyanC with major bloody face and that the bed sheet had bloody spots as well. ARGH! The blood was mostly dry so it must have happened earlier. This is the 2nd time it's happened to him -- I better turn the humidifier back on again. I tried to wash his face clean and it took multiple attempts as he violently pushed my hand away or cried his head off. Usually I'd just hand him to mommy since she knows best (i.e. best to clean him up and not let his crying interfere with the cleaning)... but she was still sleeping. So I fed RyanC some grapes and he calmed down eventually.

Hmm.. I am supposed to take a nap so I can drive the family to Denver for lunch and grocery shopping...

2 Comments:

At Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 3:42:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

I like Bloody Mary Morning better.

A guy at work we'll call Mikey, who is an avid collector of cameras, once told me that the SLR camera was one of the most horrible things that had ever happened to the general camera buying public. Requiring an incredible investment in money and time and skill in order to match the quality of much less expensive point-n-shoot cameras. He recommended the Canon Elph as the perfect camera for the non-professional photographer.

I have one in Advantix film format and another in digital. Nice cameras, both of them. Nothing is ever out of focus.

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 8:51:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CJ said...

heheh. learning dSLR is a hobby for collecting expensive gadgets and I'm just starting... ;)

I remember Mikey! Did he ever finish that photography book he was working on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home