"Unique" Visitors:

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The last two weeks

Last week I was out in the west coast for a few days on business trip. I had awesome Thai & Malayasian food there. It was also the second time I had to be away from AidanC and RyanC so it was a perfect opportunity to get more sleep -- and it would have been much better if I had not needed to get up early for the meetings, or if I could have found the curtain to block the morning sun that first morning. I was so convinced the hotel did not have blackout curtains until the 2nd night when I found them tugged away conveniently in my blind spots, which appear to grow exponentially.

I bought RyanC "Cars" DVD after getting back from the business trip. RyanC had seen a poster promoting it at Target the week before and pointed to the posted and yelled "Cars!" I had made a mental note to get the movie for him to see if it can replace Ice Age as his favorite movie. The next morning the little guy woke up at 6am and I got to him before grandma since I had felt bad for been away from the family. We went downstairs and instead of mumbling something resembling "Ice Age" like he always did, he pointed to the area where we put the DVDs and said "Cars!". Well, his routine certainly has changed since we bought that DVD. He wants to watch Cars all the time. However, he gets bored with the slower scenes so sometimes I have to fast forward for him. His favorite part is the tractor-tipping scene. He also tried to copy the "vroom vroom!" sound. I am now thinking about getting him toy cars for his birthday or for xmas... speaking of which, we already setup the plastic xmas tree since we wanted to take some pics of RyanC and AidanC with grandma before she left.

Mother-in-law left on last weekend for east coast and she is scheduled to return after New Year. We all miss her. AidanC misses being held most of the time. RyanC misses a playmate that rarely says no to him. Wife misses the help. I miss having someone else to help with RyanC in the middle of the night... and I miss not having to do dishes. My poor wife has been left with the two spoiled brats alone last week so I am extra tired. It's a good thing that my mom is coming tomorrow to enjoy her grand children for a little more than a week.

Wife suggested KFC for lunch today and I almost had a heart-attack hearing that. We got 8-piece bucket of extra-crispy chicken. Now I am ready for heaven. :)

1 Comments:

At Sunday, November 19, 2006 at 8:20:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're counting down the days til grandma comes back home~~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home