"Unique" Visitors:

Friday, September 29, 2006

Free Peanuts!

Last night was MHFC fat camp. I called up El Torito about car-pooling and he said "oh, i didn't think you would be able to make it." and I replied "i didn't know either". He offerred to drive this time and took the faster and longer route. We got there and everybody was there already.

Fat camp has been an educational experience. I learned the following things through fellow campers:
1) Margaritas containsTequila
2) I prefer "girly" drinks
3) what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay there
4) it is difficult to remember the details after two margaritas
5) CherkyB does not like peanuts... in his beer

I recall walking with the guys through small crowds at Rio's looking for somebody's girlfriend that we had never met but found him with another guy from work as we were leaving. I had my 2nd Margaritas there and it was better than the first time. I could see why people say Rio's has good Margaritas. I think I felt numbness in my left foot afterwards.

We then went to this other place that charges $ to get in. I had never been to da "Wash Bar" before so it was like paying $3 for a tour of a bar. I don't know what's really special about place but we really like the air hockey table - and we weren't the only ones...

We then went to LJ's to have peanuts since Mr 10th anniversary + 1 week missed having peanuts. I did not stay there long enough in the first fat camp so it was refreshing to see nut shells all over the floor. I had never seen a big tub full of peanuts up for grabs. It had been years since I've eaten peanuts non-stop. I used to love eating them -- and I found out that I still did as we sat around peeling and eating peanuts. We sat at this table next to the brickwall, close the front so we get blasted by the music and not-so-great singing. I had a hard time hearing -- and I could not tell if it was the Margaritas , the loud music... or both.

Soon El Torito started tossing peanut shells backward. I looked back to make sure there were no one behind me and started doing the same. I was in a zone, eating peanuts and tossing the shells behind me -- happy that I don't have to clean up the mess. It was blissful. I was starting to enjoy fat camp. Later some people came in and sat not too far behind me and it ruined my happy tosses... Well, my depression didn't last long when I realized that I could just throw the shells against the brick wall in front of me... so I threw the shells against the wall and noticed that they don't really bounce with my casual tosses. I then flicked the shells and found them to bounce back further. It brought good old memories of the younger days when I would copy this kung-fu shows' main character's flicking little rocks/pebbles to see how accurate I could be... the guys didn't seem to mind as they drank/chatted so I continued to relive my childhood... eating peanuts and flicking peanut shells against the wall. I was happy.

All of the sudden, Mr Beer seemed to turn red and started trying to tell me something with animated expression. I had a difficult time hearing him with the loud music. I strained to try to hear why he appeared so upset but it sounded like "blah blah blah" most of the time. I soon realized he was upset about his drink through hand gestures and I looked inside his beer glass and found some peanut skins on the surface. I figured out that he wanted me to stop tossing because the crumbs were falling into his drinks. I thought it was odd since I did not try to bounce the shells into that beer glass... Then again, since I was obviously not paying attention, maybe I got some crumbs in by accident. So I stopped reliving my childhood.... and simply ate the peanuts... while tossing the shells onto the floor.

Five minutes later, Mr Beer got really upset with his beer and then me or vice versa. He fished out these big peanut shell pieces from his beer glass. I found it funny that he thought my peanut shells would bounce against the floor and into that beer glass a few feet above... so I laughed.

Soon El Torito noticed that it was close Cinderella time and we needed to head back before getting turned into mashed potatoes. That was the end of the night for us.