"Unique" Visitors:

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Home Again

Just got back home from a conference in CA. Everyone but the in-laws are asleep already. No welcome party at home! Too bad, RyanC will have to wait for the Japanese chocolate I received as present... It was weird not seeing RyanC and AidanC for a few days. AidanC seems bigger while sleeping quietly in the crib. I am afraid to open RyanC's door since that'll wake him up for sure - need to fix that door so it doesn't make s0 much noise when opening/closing.

Since I was away for a few days, I had thought I would get plenty of sleep at the conference but that didn't work out. It wasn't because I tried Long Island iced-tea at this bar inside Mariott that costed $10.87, which caused me to feel the effect for a day or two...

Anyways, on the first day of the conference, I sprained my back muscle while carrying my super cool backpack that was supposed to provide excellent support. I should not have kept it on one shoulder to balance between the backpack, a plate full of not-so-great food (sandwiches), and a glass of coke.

It also didn't help that I sat in front of little kids in both out-bound and in-bound trips so I couldn't nap. They seemed to enjoy kicking chair non-stop. I missed my boys...

This trip I didn't go to eat my usual stinky-tofu. Instead the best food I had were outside of the conference:
  • peking duck
  • pearl milk tea
  • steamed fish

1 Comments:

At Monday, September 4, 2006 at 6:01:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pig pig..oink oink :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home