"Unique" Visitors:

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Eggs!

I love eggs.

The other day in-laws bought 12 dozens of eggs because they were on sale. That's 144 eggs and we have been eating eggs daily. With 5 adults in the house, that means it will take us ~14 days to finish these eggs if we each eat 2/day. RyanC usually eats a little of the egg-white area and spits out the egg yolk, which is the best tasting part for me but wife strongly discourages me from eating too much for health reasons.

I probably will have egg-phobia by the end of this week.

Last Sunday in-laws drove to Denver (1-1.5 hrs drive) to get fresh vegies & fish -- I think they just needed a break from us. Wife and I stayed home with RyanC and AidanC most of the afternoon until RyanC started getting restless. I took RyanC to CircuitCity for some father-n-son bonding experience. He had fun re-arranging items on shelves.

I had bought this notebook backpack on-line since I have been worried about using non-padded backpack for the laptop daily. However, CircuitCity didn't have it in store despite pomising it will be available within 24 minutes of ordering on-line. It was annoying to see them cancel my order without making any attempt to get the item in-store. That's when I looked at the order form more closely and noticed that they owe me $24 giftcard if the order is not ready in 24 minutes. They honored that promise only after I pointed that out. So I took RyanC to BestBuy to see if they have the same backpack in stock. Score! BestBuy had two in stock and I got them to price-match CircuitCity's web-special. This Synergy backpack has so many pockets that I don't know what to do with them all! I really like the padding it provides even though the bag itself weighs ~3.5 lbs.

New finding: RyanC loves XBOX 360 -- or he just loves anything with buttons. He saw the XBOX 360 and immediately reached for the controller. He didn't care much for the giant HDTVs though... we will have to work on that.

On a different note, CherkyB and the family has finally moved to Colorado! Welcome!

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 18, 2006 at 7:49:00 AM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get BestBuy to match the online price at CircuitCity ? Do you have to bring the ad ?

By the way.. 2 eggs a day is really not healthy... 1 a day is marginally okay.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 at 12:10:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

I could probably eat more than 2 eggs a day, but I'd have to cut down on the 8 or so breakfast sausages I eat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home