"Unique" Visitors:

Monday, May 29, 2006

Work, in-law, Wedding and "NO!"

So many things have happened... However, unlike CherkyB, who succinctly remembers all the details in the funny aspect of life, I only can vaguely summarize the main events in the past few days:

1) work is taking over again...

2) My in-law arrived last Wed night from Taiwan! He had been living in Korea in the past 2 years with my brother-in-law. My brother-in-law will return next month.

3) I went to a Jewish wedding on Sunday.

4) RyanC started saying "NO!"

In the short time my in-law has been here, he has relocated and rearranged all the plants in the front-yard (by moving some to the backyard), per wife's instructions. He has also sanded the fence (did a great job there with the the smooth fence surface!) and will probably start and finish painting before I stop coughing. I think he will get bored in a few days when he finishes all the house chores that I had planned for the rest of the year. Well, it's okay. RyanC continues to be fond of grandpa so he's been attaching himself to grandpa more and more. I suspect in-law also enjoys RyanC's company because little boy reached for grandma as soon as they met at ~2am that night when we got back from Denver International Airport. Wife said he already changed RyanC's diapers a few times while I was away at the wedding. The only thing that he hasn't done is to take care of RyanC as he randomly wakes up at midnight, 3am or 5am -- that's still my speciality since "NO"-boy is somehow more attached to me at those times.

Since my in-law was here, I didn't feel too bad about leaving wife and kid at home to go to a co-worker's wedding on Sunday. Wife and kid was invited but wife didn't want to go (being 8+ month pregnant) and then I didn't really want to take the chance with RyanC ruining the wedding experience. The wedding was at Stanley Hotel at Estes Park, CO. I had not realized that is where "The Shining" was based on until I saw the posters at the basement of the main hotel. It was the first Jewish wedding I've ever been to, which was pretty exciting to see different customs. It was also the first time I heard a concert with classical music, which was part of the 45-minute music portion of the ceremony. I liked the music though I would have preferred more comfortable chair. I believe it was also the first time long island ice-tea made me feel nothing so I don't really remember too much. Good thing I got a ride so I didn't have to drive. Okay, I didn't really forget that much.. It was a great wedding and I just can't seem to describe the details with words...

RyanC has been getting better at communicating with us. He points to his mouth when he wants food/water. He points to items that he wants to have and sometimes whines/cries when he doesn't get it. He laughs and giggles when making a mess. And he says "NO!" whenever we ask/tell him to do something. e.g. "Ryan, is it bed-time?" "NO!" He is practically a teenager! He just doesn't ask for money yet -- though he enjoys taking my wallet and emptying all the contents all over the floor. I had thought he started saying "mama" or "dada" but he seems to make those sounds without really knowing what they meant... but he sure knows "uh oh" and "NO!" well. I think he is ready to start blogging and do a better job than daddy.

PS. Dell still has not shipped my Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 6, 2006 at 2:49:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny one...pretty soon ryan will have a girlfriend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home