"Unique" Visitors:

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Open Sesame!

RyanC knows how to open doors!

When I first heard about it from my wife yesterday, I was a bit skeptical because I thought he was still super shorty -- and it seemed too coincidental that he'd open the unlocked front-door around the time when the ice-cream truck comes by and then start dancing to tune of the music.

When I got home yesterday, I put the little guy to the test and asked him to open the bathroom door. He struggled a little bit to tip-toe and reach for the handle but he got it! Repeatedly! ARGH! This meant we could no longer count on containing him in his bedroom when it comes to bed time! Hence, I stayed with him until he fell asleep when it came to sleep time...

Later in the night, hours after we put RyanC to bed, I noticed that his door was ajar. I walked inside and did not find the little boy anywhere on bed. Fearing the worst, I turned on the light and found my boy lying face down on the carpet -- not too far away from the mattress. He was sleeping soundly. Apparently he figured out how to open the door but did not come out for some reason. Lucky us...

I borrowed a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens today to see how well this cheaper lens (~$80) works compared with the pricier 50mm 1.4 ($300+). Initial impression is that this lens does not seem as sharp as the 50mm 1.4. The autofocus felt almost just as fast for regular snap shots. It's not too bad for the price though! On another note, Dell still has not shipped my sigma 30mm 1.4 lens. I have stopped checking every few hours....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home