"Unique" Visitors:

Friday, February 02, 2007

sick people

We went to Denver on Sunday to stock up on groceries since my father-in-law was coming back to the US with wife's two 12-13 year old cousins on Monday.

Monday around noon, I started to have big headache and I couldn't tell if it was from dealing with the issues at work, lack of sleep, or being sick. . The top/back of my head hurt and I had difficulty moving by the end of the day. I could barely stay awake without being in pain so I couldn't really feel anything as I was driving home... Still, I was not coughing or sneezing so I thought I just needed more sleep.

Well, sleep didn't fix my headache. It was kind of difficult to tell from normal since I got up at 5:30am to get RyanC as he banged on the door crying for daddy. I was afraid he'd wake up his cousins so I took him downstairs to watch Moose on Noggin. I also started feeling a bit dry on my throat -- yet I couldn't tell if it was because the air was too dry or not (our humidifer does not always seem to keep the house humid enough). Since I had to make sure some important work got done to meet schedule, I couldn't just take time off so I went into work increasing the risk of causing others to get sick. By end of Tuesday I started coughing a little and that's when I heard about this flu that had been going around work... Hmmm.... I came home to find mother-in-law having sore throat and not feeling well... but she said she didn't have headache so it wasn't clear if we got sick with the same virus etc.

On Wed it became very obvious we both had flu. My phlegm started causing me to have problem sleeping that night - almost choked to death. My usually-happy mother-in-law seemed pretty out of it too.

AidanC got sick on Thursday. He coughed and sounded just like me and grandma. Poor little baby... He also had running nose too. I went to bed shortly after late dinner and AidanC was already asleep. He stayed in bed for more than 12 hours, which is a first!

As the weekend starts, we now have confirmed that grandpa is sick too. One of wife's cousins is also sick. I think they got sick from AidanC since they've been spending time with the baby.

RyanC, wife and cousin Lulu are the only ones remaining to compete for the healthiest body award. I get a feeling that they all will lose since they all love to hold the baby... It's going to be a long weekend!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, February 3, 2007 at 8:09:00 AM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys don't have the flu...I haven't seen any puke yet! well, except for aidanC's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home