"Unique" Visitors:

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snow Everywhere!

Yesterday the highly anticipated blizzard started and it delivered ~2 feet of snow. My brother-in-law and I went to the post-office and then did some shopping early in the afternoon. We got home safely in my Accord but the car got stuck at the bottom of our steep driveway that required additional shoveling to get the car into the garage. It's a good thing that we got a better shovel while we were out so we were ready for some shoveling!

RyanC checked out the snow and declared "cold" when asked whether he wanted to go out and play. See how the snow got stuck on the door handle! There was a snow pocket forming against the wall too but it peeled off before I could take a picture of it.


The snow pile was almost at shoulder length when we got done shoveling. We were so tired that we didn't try to take RyanC outside to build snowman or snow-cave.


Later this evening, I walked upstairs and noticed this wet spot in the middle of the stairs. It didn't take me long to realize that we no longer have a dog and RyanC is not yet being holiday-potty-trained... As I looked up, I noticed that our two-story livingroom ceiling was showing signs that reminded me of CherkyB-leakage! I also heard the drip sound right at that moment too! It took me some time to find the ladder to climb up to peek into the attic. It is a good thing that I got these bright luxeon LED flashlights recently (more on these later). However, being the idiot I am, I did not see any wet spot in the roof when I looked in the attic. Wife asked for the flashlight and climbed up the stairs to inspect for herself. She immediately found two piles of snow inside the attic! Here is the bigger pile that is closest to the leak on the ceiling that dripped onto the stairs:



We got the biggest cooking pot we have and went into the attic to remove the snow. Actually brother-in-law beat me to it then so he ended up doing most of the digging while I dispose of the ice+insulation materials. We removed about 15+ buckets of snow... The water is still dripping... We will have to find someone to plug the hole(s) that we have yet to conclusively locate and fix the damages.

Anyways, about these Costo's Hawkeye Luxeon LED lights that I had been considering and finally purchased (through a coworker) lately... It comes in a package with 2 flashlights. Each light has blue & red filters. I put red on one and blue on another and demoed them for RyanC. RyanC was immediately fascinated by these lights. He held the flashlight(s) and pointed them on the floor and ceiling while going "wooooo!!" and "ahhhhh!". These are his favorite toy other than our older digital camera that he has been taking pictures with.

Last Sunday we went to Denver again for groceries and also stopped by the Denver Zoo. It is amazing how fast we can go through the zoo when most of the animals are not showing and when there were no more than 10 groups there.

Here is a lion checking us out as he walked really close to the glass. In the busy season the area around the glass would have been jam packed with people trying to see the lion so it was cool to take this picture. RyanC's reflected image is on the bottom right corner. It's probably difficult to see but he was a little intimidated by the lion.


This Rhino did not like to be confined in this little space. He banged against the door a few times and later pooped.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 11:05:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhino was soooooooooo stinky~~ even worse than RyanC's stinky diapers! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home