"Unique" Visitors:

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Still a little sick

Wife is sick, AidanC is sick, and I am a little sick. Wife started this thing soon after my family left after the thanksgiving break... she probably got sick from grocery shipping or something. The good news is that we are all finally getting better. The bad news is that even if I could go to fat camp, I couldn't have gone because I wouldn't want to pass it along the happy campers.

AidanC has a blocked tear duct on his right eye. It supposedly started more than a month ago but I only noticed it two weeks ago -- not sure how I missed it . Being the more paranoid one, I asked wife to arrange for AidanC to go with RyanC to his 2-year checkout. AidanC got some eye-drop med and it may take some time before the swelling goes down. We were told to put warm towel on his eye and AidanC likes it as much as his brother's hugs, which means he responds with screams and disgruntled twists and turns...

RyanC has been doing great despite being surrounded by sick people. He seems to eat well and sleep well lately. Today he sat through most of the movie "Curious George", giggling and laughing at the little trouble-maker monkey. I saw part of the movie and thought RyanC behaves a lot like the monkey. Though the monkey doesn't seem to scream as loudly as RyanC does...

RyanC also peed into the toilet today. We are still in the early stages of our less-than-rigorous potty training attempts. He doesn't really tell us when he has to go. In the rare occasions when we ask him if he has to go peepee and he responds "yes", he would often say "i do it!" as he attempts to take off the diapers. We have to take care of the outer layers since it's winter and we usually leave him in 2-4 layers of clothing. So the little monkey was sitting on top of the toilet seat (special kid-size one that fits over regular one) while daddy sat next to him waiting for him to do his business... All of the sudden RyanC pointed to the door and said "go away!" repeatedly. I don't know who taught him that. I certainly don't recall telling him to go away...

So I went outside of the bathroom and waited for him to finish peeing... I then asked wife to watch him as I went downstairs to fetch some water for the boy's bed-side bottle. RyanC ran out of the bathroom into his room as I got to the bottom of stairs and as wife walked towards him. When I got back upstairs later, I found RyanC standing on top of the little step hovering over the toilet - wife was next to him. Wife informed me that he still had to pee some more and said to me "you need to teach him to pee standing up like men do" and then left the bathroom...

I am not ready to let the boy pee wherever his aim takes it...

Luckily, the little monkey wanted off the steps soon after mommy walked out of the bathroom. We will resume the men's P-training in the future.

RyanC's favorite saying lately: "NO!" and "i do it".

2 Comments:

At Friday, December 15, 2006 at 7:41:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. cute! At least he is willing to do it himself!

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 4:15:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still sick?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home