"Unique" Visitors:

Friday, December 29, 2006

More Snow

RyanC's fever only lasted 12 hours so he is back to normal. AidanC is no longer having running nose but he is still fussy with naps/sleep. We have been taking more day-time naps to make-up for baby's interruptions. It is going to be tough when I start working again.

Yesterday the 2nd snow blizzard started within a week of the previous one. This is unusual compared to the past when snow usually melt within a day. When wife heard about the blizzard, she had cheered:
"Yeah! More exercise!"
If she had said that after reading about CherkyB's recent purchas then I would have wondered if she was telling me that someone was nice enough to buy his wife a good exercise machine. However, I am left to think that she was subtly telling me that I need more exercise...

I shoveled the driveway this morning while brother-in-law was still sleeping and wife was just getting up from another long night of baby-harassment. Even though we were supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow, our driveway accumulated ~12 inches of snow due to the wind. Our friendly retired neighbor with snow blower helped to plow our sidewalk and the extended-driveway so we can get to the street if we need to. He must have taken care of 4-5 houses this morning with his snow-blower. It certainly saved another hour of shoveling for me since I only had to shovel our driveway.

We checked the attic and there was no snow accumulated this time - whew! However, it was interesting that snow blocked the satellite signal more quickly than previous snow blizzard. I had to use a broom to clean off the snow. It's a good thing that I placed our satellite next to bathroom window so I don't really have to get outside to do this.

Here is a morning shot of the peach tree in our backyard:

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 29, 2006 at 3:40:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

See! See! You really do need a snowblower. I never should have listened to your sage advice.

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 at 9:44:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness grandma is coming back soon!!!! 5 more days and counting!

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 at 9:50:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CJ said...

hehe. my friendly neighbor was going to take care of our entire driveway with his snowblower and I asked him not to so I could get some exercise! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home