"Unique" Visitors:

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Babysitting

Pregnancy causes frequent exhaustion -- sometimes daddy feels it too via spatial and temporal transference... with amplified effect if the stars are appropriately aligned.

It was another tiring babysitting day and I lasted longer than usual. The little one refused to nap under my care and broke a souvenir present (Made in China) from Cancun (haven't been there ourselves). He even said "uh oh!" after the broken pieces scattered all over the kitchen floor so that might be proof his word-bank has increased 2x. Good thing he doesn't know enough to blame me for not catching the plate in time.

We have been having some difficulty with the 16-month old napping/sleeping after transitioning out of crib bed into regular mattress. It's tough for us to get him to sleep quietly around this time -- and we have tried reading, cell phone, or food! Nothing has worked and we will eventually be properly trained by him.

On another subject:
I can't stand Dr Phil show. Today's topic appears to be "I Want My Ex Back" where people yak non-stop while the good doctor helps them out. Today's short exposure was too much for me so I escaped away to some web-browsing with headphone on. I am not sure why but I get a headache whenever I hear Dr Phil's voice.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 10:10:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

Let's recap: frequent exhaustion felt via spacial and temporal transference,lack of coordination, and headaches.

Are you sure you're getting enough oxygen up there?

 
At Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 11:00:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CJ said...

probably stress induced by crying kid...

 
At Wednesday, April 5, 2006 at 1:50:00 PM GMT-7, Blogger CherkyB said...

Is it babysitting if you're watching your own kid? Isn't that called "parenting"?

 
At Wednesday, April 5, 2006 at 8:35:00 PM GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, Dr. Phil sucks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home